Welcome! We invite you to apply for the 27th annual Placer Artists Studios Tour. The link is below. To be considered for the Tour, the application must be filled out completely and submitted electronically by the absolute deadline of Friday, February 28, 2020.
Before filling out the application, all Artists and Galleries must have filled out a profile in the ACPC Artist Directory online. You can find it here: https://www.placerarts.org/arts-directory-registration/
The 2020 Tour will take place on Friday through Sunday, November 6-8, 2020 and November 13-15, 2020. Times are 10am-5pm each day. Artists and Galleries can choose EITHER or BOTH weekends, but must be open the entire time of their choice(s)to be eligible for the Tour. The schedule of Artists and Galleries participating on which weekend will be noted in the Guide.
Definition of Participants:
Artists –Those artists who do not have a studio will be required to show at an existing Studio ONLY. Assistance from Area Representatives, participating artists and ACPC will be necessary to make sure there is space for all who wish to participate. All Artists Studios will be evaluated for suitability for the Tour and include such criteria such as accessibility, parking, actual studio space, etc. The price for participation will once again be $125, with a fundraising plan to be instituted to reduce fees for those who request assistance.
Galleries – Galleries can participate by paying a fee of $250 if they are showing the works of 1-5 artists, or $350 if they are showing 6+. Galleries must be a space that have regular artist shows and will be having a show during the Studios Tour. Artists who have a permanent Studio Space or are part of the current show will be allowed to be part of the Gallery, registered as an individual Artist, but there will be no additional artist “booths” allowed. There will also NOT be opportunity for artists to “rent” booth space or register for the Tour at these galleries during the Tour.
All Art mediums invited. Entry is open to all artists living or working in Placer County, including persons with disabilities, senior artists and emergent artists. Participating artists will assure that all work is original, displays excellent craftsmanship and portrays the heart and spirit of the artist. All work should be well-conceived and expertly executed and show the mark of the artist’s originality. Accepted artists and Galleries MUST submit a piece to the "Taste of the Tour" preview show at a location TBA. The artist must be closely and thoroughly involved with the production of each article except for works of original design that require out of studio production (for example: rubber stamps, reproduction of prints or greeting cards, or cast jewelry, all of which must be made from the artist’s original work).
Only work like that included in this application can be exhibited and all work exhibited must be of the same quality as that accepted. A major change of media or style will require submission of the work to be accepted. In the case where more than one medium is involved, all work must be reconsidered at the same time. Categories that are not acceptable include commercial kits and commercially available plans.
2020 Important Dates
- Monday, January 27, 2020 – Artist Application for 2020 opens online. All information on Tour Dates, Criteria, Payments, Rules, etc. will be published at this time.
- Friday, February 14, 2020 – Initial deadline for Artist Applications online. No money is due at this time. Only artists that meet this deadline are guaranteed Magazine Cover, priority placement in other studios and opportunities for an editorial in the Placer County Arts Guide.
- Friday, February 28, 2020 – FINAL deadline for any additional applications, no deadline extensions, no exceptions.
- Friday, March 13, 2020 – Deadline to pay 2020 Artist Fees for Tour.
- Saturday, March 21, 2020 – Initial Studios Tour Artist Gathering and the unveiling of Cover Choice for 2020. Preview Show Schedule announced.
- Monday, March 23, 2020 – Deadline for Promotional Materials request for 2020
- Monday, July 20, 2020 – Placer County Arts Guide distribution starts.
- Saturday, July 26, 2020 – Artist Potluck and distribution of Marketing Materials.