Arts Council of Placer County & Sierra Makerspaces are once again seeking imaginative designs for or 2nd Annual REINVENT THE RUNWAY Recycled/Repurposed Art Fashion Show!
The theme this year will be...
"The Science of Fashion"
Back by popular demand, for the 2nd year in a row, we are looking for Artists to accept our design challenge and push their creativity with some amazing repurposed fashion designs!
Our challenge theme this year is "The Science of Fashion". Science is in everything, from atoms to planets, emotions to technologies. The limit is really just your imagination, so we want to see you stretch those boundaries once again and spin that theme into anything you wearable art that could possibly think of.
Models will hit the stage Saturday, October 12th at 4:00 pm in the Sierra College Theater, Rocklin, CA.
Tickets to the event will be $10 per person.
Artist, Models & hair/makeup people are Free, but everyone else must have a paid ticket to attend.
Tickets will be available on eventbrite.
All Proceeds from ticket sales will go to the Sierra College Maker Club to help them provide more hands-on maker activities in our community.
At least 3 CASH Prizes will be awarded for Best in Show entries!
$300 1st place | $200 2nd Place | $100 3rd Place
With a new Child 15 & under category
(Designs must be made by the child, not made by an adult for the child)
$200 1st place | $100 2nd Place | $50 3rd Place
Prizes will be based on:
- Overall Aesthetic Design
- Incorporation of the Re-use theme
- the Re-invention Aspect of thinking outside the typical ideas of fashion
- their incorporation of any SCIENCE theme into their designs!
We try not to put too many rules out there for our artists, so really just about anything goes! ...here are the most important:
- Artists may submit an individual design or work as a team to create their fashion pieces.
- Artists must provide their own Model to wear their art for the Fashion show or are welcome to model it themselves.
- Fashion must be created using at least 80% Recycled/Repurposed materials. Designs can be created from scratch, or built utilizing a recycled thrift store garment as the base or pattern.
- Artists may submit up to 3 fashion designs.
- Outfits must not have been previously submitted in last years show.
- This is a family friendly show, so please use discretion with revealing designs (bits must be covered, no nudity)
- Fashion sponsors/donations:
- Artists are encouraged to work with local businesses to have them “sponsor” an outfit by having them donate their discarded packaging materials or excess supplies.
Companies wishing to participate, will be acknowledged online via social media AND during the runway event.
- Artist will be required to know where the material used in their design was from and provide a list of materials used, sources & approximate amounts (ie 500 plastic bags & 32 bottle caps) at least 2 weeks BEFORE the runway event so that it can be included in the Printed program.
- We would like you to let your imagination run wild so instead of definitive size restrictions, we just ask that when designing your runway art you are mindful of the model that you will be wearing your fashion. They will have to get through doorways, up/down stairs and through
hallways during the show!
- Technology Highly Encouraged! Since we are Re-inventing the runway, incorporate technology into design fashions - lights, sound, animatronics, robotics...basically any & all forms of tech!
CHALLENGE OTHER TEAMS:
- Artist & Artist teams are encouraged to call out/challenge other businesses, teams and/or artists to enter a design idea before the entry deadline and are welcome to call them out via social media videos that we will be happy to share via the ACPC facebook page and website!
MINI MAKER FAIRE:
- The Rocklin Mini Maker faire will be happening on the College campus on the same day as our fashion show. More details of where to enter to prep for the fashion show (which will start as the faire is wrapping up for the day) will be emailed out at the beginning of October. We will have the theater dressing rooms open for artists to get ready prior to the show.
- Artists will be asked to provide before, during the process and final design photos. Photos can be uploaded to our Facebook, emailed to email@example.com or tagged on social media using
- We will be working on getting the Sierra College photo department to set up a professional photo shoot area so artists can get some amazing portfolio pictures taken before the event starts.
Can be directed to our event Coordinators
Heather & Robin
Volunteer opportunities available