The Arties Awards honor artistic excellence and outstanding volunteer contributions to the arts in Placer County. PlacerArts is seeking nominations from communities throughout Placer County, including Auburn, Colfax, Foresthill, Lincoln, Loomis, Newcastle, Rocklin, Roseville and Tahoe-Truckee. Nominations may be submitted any time, and awards will be announced throughout the year.
Each award winner receives an “Artie”, a unique piece of art crafted by a selected Placer County artist.
The first Public Art Leadership Arties Award was presented in 2008 to Wendy Gerig of the Roseville Chamber of Commerce in recognition of outstanding Public Art Leadership. Nominations are ongoing, so please make your nomination now!
Anyone may submit an Artie nomination in any of the following categories:
- Arts Administration (may be a group or individual)
- Arts Education (may be a group or individual)
- Arts Volunteer/Patron (individual only)
- Business Support/Partnership to the arts (business only)
- Visual and Performing Arts (individual or group):
literary, including poetry;
media arts, including video and film;
music, including composition;
performing arts, including dance and theatre;
visual arts, including design.
- Public Art Leadership In 2008 PlacerArts introduced a special award category for businesses or municipalities which have included art in their projects.
- Phyllis Butz Award Recognizes an exemplaryTrustee / Board Member of an Arts or Cultural organization in Placer County. $500 cash award to organization of recipients choice.
For an Arties nomination form click here, or pick one up at the Arts Building.