The PlacerArts Studios Tour (formerly the Autumn Art Studios Tour), the largest program of PlacerArts, will celebrate its 23rd year November 11 through 13, 2016.
The new name reflects the countywide scope of the event. This annual event, held the second weekend of November, is a free three-day self-guided driving tour of Placer County artists showing and demonstrating their art in studios throughout the county. In 2016, 77 artists are participating. Many will collaborate with fellow artists in sharing studios and some will work individually out of their own studios. Some have studios in locations such as Newcastle Packing Sheds, Old Library Art Studio (OLAS) in Auburn, General Gomez Center in Auburn and the IQ Gallery in Rocklin.
The mission of the Studios Tour is:
- To highlight and celebrate artists creating works in all mediums and styles
- To educate the community and visitors on how the artists create their works
- To demonstrate the individual processes behind their art
- To encourage sales and income for the artists
- To showcase the vast array of artists, styles and talents of artists throughout Placer County
The artists on the Studios Tour range from young emerging artists to veterans, creating art in watercolor, acrylic, oils, ceramics, wood, metal, sculpture, jewelry, drawing, glass, painted silk, mixed media, calligraphy, woven art, photography, furniture, wearable art, and more.
Tour maps and guides will be available from late October through the tour dates at PlacerArts (808 Lincoln Way, Auburn),
Blue Line Arts (405 Vernon St #100, Roseville),
ARTspace Rocklin (5460 5th Street in Rocklin),
Old Library Artists Studios (OLAS – 175 Almond Street, Auburn) and during the tour at artist’s studios.